Digital competences for the job market
ÖJAB coordinates the Erasmus+ funded project FUTURE SKILLS that started in March 2022.
About The Project
The main aim of the project is to prepare young people from socially disadvantaged communities, from Austria and Hungary adequately for the job market of the future, putting a particular focus on the development of digital literacy and competences. Digital readiness and awareness of requirements will play a key role for young people in the future job market. On the other hand, several social skills such as communication skills, teamwork, commitment and motivation, stress resistance and resilience, etc. are becoming more important on the workplace as well. These two idea threads build the foundation of FUTURE SKILLS, a cross-border pilot project.Project handbook (EN, 13 MB)
The objectives of "Future Skills" are:
- to provide a profound job orientation for youngsters from both partnering countries
- to provide an overview about content and requirements of IT/coding jobs on the Austrian and Hungarian job market
- for young people to develop soft skills that are necessary for the job market in general (communication skills, teamwork, commitment and motivation, stress resistance and resilience, etc.) within the scope of a Training Week
- to enhance cooperation between Austrian and Hungarian youth/educational organizations and IT/coding organizations in order to intensify collaboration in the future
Project target group
The project targets young people in the countries of the partner organisations,...
- ... who are interested in developing IT/coding skills
- ... who are between 15 and 18 years old
- with preferably fewer educational opportunities
Project partners: Austria (Coordinator) and Hungary
Project duration: March 2022 – March 2023