ÖJAB’s ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE
ÖJAB (the Austrian Young Workers’ Movement) is a nonprofit organization (NPO). Key statutory bodies are as follows:
- The Presidium is the association’s supervisory body. The Presidium’s members are elected by the General Assembly (except for the Presidium’s employee representatives, who are appointed by the Works Council). The Presidium represents the association independently of the management’s representative duties.
- The Management is appointed by the Presidium’s elected members and acts as administrative body („Leitungsorgan“) according to Austrian law. It manages ÖJAB’s operations and represents it publicly. The managing director leads a Management Team.
- The Auditor sees to the internal auditing of ÖJAB’s financial activities to ensure their conformance with the Austrian Federal Act on Associations (VerG) and that the Association’s resources are being used in accordance with its statutes.
- The Advisory Board is appointed by the Presidium in accordance with the Management’s recommendations and provides the Management with advice and support on all matters.
- The Works Council represents ÖJAB’s employees.
- The Residents’ Speaker is elected on Youth Delegates’ Day by the delegates who represent all individuals living at ÖJAB’s student and youth dormitories.