The production school is a free opportunity for teenagers and young adults between 15 and 21 years old or up to 24 years (for teenagers with disabilities), needing catch up in terms of their educational, social and personal skills before starting their vocational training or continuing education. The production school can assist making the next educational step. It usually takes one year and trains participants:
- for adequate behaviour at work (ability to concentrate, carefulness, punctuality, self-employment,..)
- for adequate behaviour with other people (adequate conduct, visual appearance, dealing with criticism and conflicts)
- for an adequate career choice (assessment of one's own abilities)
Prerequisite for a participation in the production school is a completed youth coaching and a registration with the national employment service.
The Production School is an educational measure provided by the Ministry of Social Affairs Service. The ÖJAB conducts this measure in Lower Austria in the production school Industrial Quarter North and Industrial Quarter South and in Vienna in the production school ÖJAB – Education, Perspective, Integration.
For the production school ÖJAB – Education, Perspective, Integration applies:
This measure is funded by European Social Fund.
What expect the participants?
The framework of the production school includes a wide range of specialized support services for young people according to their individual development needs.
This simplified presentation is intended to illustrate the process sequence - the young people "go through" the different stages or training modules at their own pace.
The production school consists of 4 pillars:
Training modules with the following emphasis:
- Activation (entrance assistance)
- Exercise (training, professional orientation, ...)
- Specialization (for your specific vocational training)
Coaching accompanies and supports the participants throughout the complete duration of the production school through the following measures:
- A coach discusses the participants’ progress every 3 months.
- He/she supervises in vocational trainings and business enterprises
In the Knowledge Workshop, skills required for the next educational step can be perfectly trained. Sport activities have a high priority in the production school and are offered with different levels of educational requirements.
What comes next?
Upon completion of the production school, each participant will receive a portfolio of the future with all training materials, goals and other useful information for the next steps and can:
- join an apprenticeship /prolonged apprenticeship program or a partial qualification in a company or in an inter-company vocational training.
- attend a secondary school.
- participate in a qualification measure of the AMS or any other educational institution.
Contact & Location
Production school Quarter North – Locations
Dr. Bruno Buchwieser Gasse 1, 2340 Mödling
Telephone: 02236 / 23271-0
Mobil: 0699 / 115 322 61
Bus lines from Bahnhof Mödling 259, 363
Alanova Platz 7, Stiege 1, Top 1, 2320 Schwechat
Telephone: 01 / 706 8636
In walking distance to the train station and main square
Production school Quarter South – Locations
Location Wiener Neustadt (Projektträger)
Bahngasse 14/2-4, 2700 Wr. Neustadt
Telephone: 02622 / 82 992
Mobil: 0699 / 147 474 56
Kursstandort Lederergasse (KreART)
Lederergasse 5, 2700 Wr. Neustadt
Telefon: 02622 82992
Mobil: 0699 14747456